Cancer and Poop, what is the connection?
- Cancer drugs can work better or worse depending on the bacteria in a person’s gut.
- Helpful bacteria can help the immune system destroy cancer cells.
- Harmful bacteria can cause inflammation that lowers the immune system’s ability to fight cancer.
- How can we know what is in a person’s gut? Poop!
What is Poop for the Cure™ ?
- Poop for the Cure is a research program.
- Our scientists will study stool samples to learn more about the gut.
- By examining stool samples, we can develop ways to fight cancer better.
How do I participate in Poop for the Cure™ ?
- DONATE POOP!
- If you are a person with cancer, either receiving treatment or in remission, we want your stool.
- If you do not have cancer, you can still donate stool
- Donating stool is easy! Persephone Biome will give you an easy-to-use kit with prepaid shipping.
- Your stool donation will help improve cancer treatment and prevention!
How long will the Poop for the Cure™ program last?
- Your involvement may last the course of your treatment should you decide to continue past your first stool donation.
- We may contact you for additional stool samples or to check on the status of your treatment.
- All details you provide are voluntary and are very helpful to our team of scientists
Why should I join Poop for the Cure™?
- Because it is easy.
- Because you would flush it down anyway.
- Because you want to help cancer research.
- All the above!
What will you do to protect my privacy?
We take great care to protect your information. Here are some of the things we do:
- Information will be stored on protected computers and databases.
- We will restrict who can see your information.
- We will remove your personal information and replace them with a code.
- We will tell you if there is a data breach.
- We will follow the privacy rules set by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Privacy Act) which are designed to protect your privacy